Sunday 3 February 2008

Comiqs for story telling

Having read about comiqs on the Integrating ICT into the MFL classroom blog, I decide to check it out; comparing it in my mind to other comic generators like stick generator & ToonDoo. I spent 20 minutes registering and creating a very simple little cartoon using pictures uploaded from my desktop. There is also the option to get photos from the web but I'm yet to check that part out.

For the moment, it seems to be an easy and convenient way to create comics. The ability to upload and use your own photos appealed to me, especially as our recent school trip to Japan harvested many relevant photos for the Japanese classroom. Perhaps we can create a comic story similar to the one by Argoed High School about their trip to Paris. If I can produce the one below in 20 minutes (if that), imagine what our creative students could come up with using the target language and a pile of photos we took in Japan!


No comments: